Paint.Net is basically a free image and photo editing software for Windows. It has a lot of features and comes with an intuitive and innovative user interface with a lot of support for layers and unlimited undo along with several special effects and a wide range of useful and powerful tools for the editor. The application also has a very active and growing online community which provides friendly help, plugins and tutorials. A little history of this tool says that it was originally developed by as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft. It was supposed to replace Microsoft paint which comes with Windows however, now it has evolved into a photo editor tool.
Features of this software include:
- Simple and innovative user interface. Usually such software is very hard to get by but this application is designed to be intuitive and therefore the user can quickly learn without much assistance. The user can handle a number of images easily by Paint.NET through tabbed document interface. The tabs display a lot of thumbnails of the images instead of the text description. This will make the navigation very simple and fast. The interface is also enhanced for Aero Glass if the user is using Windows 7 or Vista.
- The performance of this application is fast. The user can expect Paint.Net to start quickly and be super responsive with one click.
- The software also comes with Layers which is a feature that is not available on all image editors.
- The application has a lot of special effects as well. Through these special effects, the user can enhance the pictures and perfect the images. Effects from blurring to sharpening, red-eye removal, noise, emboss, distortion and many other are included.
- There are a lot of powerful tools that can come in handy for drawing shapes and have easy-to-use curve tools. The gradient tool is also available. The clone stamp is yet another option.
|Requirements||Windows (8 or 8.1, 7 SP1, XP SP3, Vista SP1)|