Event Log Explorer (ELE) is basically customer-driven software for Windows. It is also an effective software solution for viewing, analyzing and monitoring events which are recorded in System, Application, Security and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems. ELE extends the standard Windows Event Viewer motoring functionality and it being the new features to the users in an exciting way. It is said that all system admins, security specialist and forensic examiners got through the event log analysis problems a lot. In order to keep the network safe, one can trace valid or invalid logon attempts, etc. through ELE.
ELE also helps in quick browsing, finding a report on problems along with helping in giving out security warning. The monitoring and analysis of events recorded in Security, System and DNS gets a lot effective and faster.
Some of the main features and advantages of having ELE are as follows:
- The user can access Windows event logs and event log files on remote and local server and workstations.
- It supports classic Windows NT event log format and new event log format.
- It guarantees high performance since all events are loaded into memory or in an internal local database.
- It can have event log consolidation.
- It gives event log loading options to pre-filter event logs.
- The user is also offered advanced filtering by any criteria like event description text etc.
- The user can have an automatic or manual backup of even logs.
- The user can also export or even print to different formats
- It allows for color coding by Event ID. This will help the user in distinguishing between various events. The user can change the text color or font style as well as background color for very specific events.
- It allows for time correction. Event time is always stored as UTC time. When the user opens a log generated on a server located in a different time zone, the user can virtually move that time zone and view events from there. This feature therefore, helps in viewing event from any time zone.
- The user can use scheduler to run some event log tasks on schedule. This can be done by automating some tasks using the built in scheduler.
This application has been created as one of the crucial technologies needed in specific functional work in computer.
|Requirements||Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8|
|License||Try before buy. (Free for personal use)|
|Product||Event Log Explorer|