Audacity is a Windows application that is an open source, free cross-platform software for editing sounds or recording them. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac and other operating systems. This software has a lot of features. Audacity can record live audio through mixer or microphone or even cassette tapes, mini-discs and records. The software also has the capability of capturing streaming video if sound cards are present on Windows Vista, 7 or 8 machines.
- The application has Device tool bar which can manage a lot of input and output devices.
- There are level meter which can monitor volume levels during, before and after the recording. Clipping can also be displayed in the waveform or label track.
- The software can record microphone, line input and Firewire devices and many others.
- The user can record computer playback on Windows Vista and other by choosing Windows WAPASPU host in Device Toolbar.
- There is an option to dub over existing tracks to create multi track recordings.
- The timer record and sounds can be activated.
- The user can record at sample rates up to 1932,000 HZ
- The user can record at 24-bit depth on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux.
- If appropriate hardware is present, the user can record multiple channels.
- The software has a high quality support system. It supports 16-bit, 24-bit and 32-bit samples.
- The sample rates and their formats are then converted using high-quality resampling and dithering.
- Tracks that have varying sample rates or formats are converted automatically in the real time.
- When it comes to editing, the software allows for easy editing with copy, cut and paste or delete.
- There is also unlimited sequential Undo.
- The user will be able to edit and mix a very large numbers of tracks.
- There are multiple clips allowed per track.
- The user can also use the Draw tool to alter the individual sample points.
- The user can remove static, hiss or other types of background noises.
- There are many built in effects that the users can use such as echo, Phaser, Wahwah, truncate silence etc..
|Requirements||Windows (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8) and also available for Mac and GNU/Linux®|